The modularity of AquisNet provides customers with a wide range of options. AquisNet can be deployed as a complete package with software installed at a central control center, as well as at individual remote monitoring locations. Alternatively, AquisNet can be installed only at the central control center, or only installed at individual monitoring locations to provide specific functionality.
AquisNet consists of five fundamental software modules. A functional system can be built by combining just two of the modules, namely the system core with either AquisNet DMO or AquisNet REP. The DV forwarding module and DMS station module, used in individual metering points outside the master station, are optional components.
The strengths of the proposed valid and sound solution concept are briefly presented in the following:
- Field-proven solution: AquisNet directly evolved from client demands for a robust and flexible air quality data management solution that can grow with handle a wide range of situations;
- A comprehensive solution from a single vendor: from procurement, installation and all the way through to the operational phase, KISTERS supports the AquisNet solution;
- Market-standard operating systems and hardware devices: KISTERS procures its hardware from renowned names in the industry and ensures that its current versions are tested on all popular operating systems;
- Commercial Off-the-Shelf software: AquisNet is a proven solution managing some of the largest air quality monitoring networks. The use of COTS software like AquisNet, ensures stability and field-tested robustness, while customizing ensures adaptability to individual needs and requirements;
- Routed communications throughout the network: whether you want to access a DAS from the DMS, or a DAS from another DAS, or even an input signal or smart analyzer using proprietary manufacturer software from within the network or by secured remote access, AquisNet supports all of these communication modes making every single component of interest IP-addressable;
- The power of a database application neatly wrapped in a three-tier architecture isolates the user from needing to understand database programming, or other technical intricacies while providing extensive IT administration means to administer and maintain the system.
- Flexible web-based GUI: all components of the AquisNet software suite come with their own GUI, and most of them are web-based. It is possible to start a GUI from any of the network nodes. This results in a high level of flexibility. Typical tasks can thus be done remotely without the need to install an executable locally on a PC;
- Auditability of the system: AquisNet Data Center is a database application that stores all data in a central RDBMS, including meta data on data modifications and editing transactions to provide complete edit trail and rollback functionality. Device and asset traceability is assured. AquisNet also produces log files, documents system states, and sequences of tasks.
- Continuous development of AquisNet: a dedicated team of developers and environmental engineers using KISTERS proven cross-product technology produced in-house by horizontal development teams at the service of the vertical applications in use with hundreds of customers worldwide.